We’re happy to see you're interested in using Revue! If you need help getting started, head to our signup page then just follow the steps in this article.
Step 1: Create an account
You can create your Revue account by connecting to your Twitter account. Or, if you’d prefer, you can use your email address instead. Here’s what the signup page looks like:
If you choose ‘Sign up with email instead’, you’ll be able to enter your email address and choose a password.
Step 2: Choose a snappy username and a great title for your new newsletter (but don’t worry, you can edit these later).
Step 3: Confirm your email address.
You should have received an email from Revue with the subject line “Confirmation instructions”. Click on the big orange button in the email and you’re good to go!
Once you’ve confirmed, you’ll land on our newsletter editor page. We’ve got a whole article on how to start writing in our editor, but first we recommend setting up some key details in your account settings...
Step 1: Fill in your profile data.
In the top-right of the editor screen, you’ll see the name of your weekly newsletter with an empty icon next to it. Click there, and then on ‘Account settings’.
Tip: There’s a lot you can customize on this page. To learn about your settings in more detail, check out our account settings help page. We’ll just focus on the most important fields here.
Make sure to fill in these key details under the ‘Profile’ tab:
- Set the email address where you’d like to receive user replies by clicking ‘edit’:
- Update your profile image: This will appear on your profile page and in every issue of your newsletter. It will be cropped into a circle shape, so upload a square image for best results. (NB. You won’t see this in the editor as you build your newsletter, but you can check out how it will look by clicking on the ‘Preview’ button in the bottom right of the editor screen):
- Check the title of your newsletter:
- Let your readers know what you’ll be writing about by updating your Issue Description:
- Edit your welcome message — your readers will receive this in their inbox as soon as they confirm their subscription to your newsletter. Here’s the default text, try to inject your personality here and speak with your very own voice:
Step 2: Make sure to adjust the time zone on the ‘Settings’ tab, so scheduled issues go out when you need them to go out.
Step 3: Click ‘Save’ at the bottom of the page — and you’re ready to send your first issue!